TIGERNUT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup tigernut flour
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons tigernuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ⅓ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, sea salt, chocolate chips, tigernuts). Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine melted coconut oil with maple syrup, vanilla and stir until combined. Add this to the large mixing bowl with dry ingredients.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, take about 1 tablespoon of the dough and form a ball in the palm of your hands.
- Place on a lined baking sheet or well greased with coconut oil.
- Repeat until all the dough has been formed into small balls.
- Bake at 350 degrees F / 176 degrees C for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Check at 5 minutes for doneness.
- Allow cookies to cool before enjoying.
- You may freeze the cookie dough for later use and thaw when you'd like to bake.
Recipe created by Nutrition Stripped
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.