Tigernut Caramel Apples
- ½ cup unsweetened organic tigernut milk
- ½ cup organic grade B maple syrup
- 6-8 apples of choice, poked with sticks or skewers
- Healthy pinch of Real salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Optional: organic tigernut "meal" (the ground leftovers from making tigernut milk, dried out in oven)
- Bring maple syrup, tigernut milk, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Whisking often, continue boiling until mixture bubbles up, darkens, and becomes quite thick.
- Remove from heat and whisk in baking soda. Return to heat and continue heating until it is as thick as you want.
- Dip and swirl apples in the caramel, following with the tigernut meal.
- Let set on a plate in a cool location until ready to devour.
Recipe created by Enjoying This Journey
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.