STRAWBERRY SNACK CAKE
- 1 cup TigerNut Flour
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1/2 cup Water Chestnut Flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Grain Free Baking Powder
- 1/8th tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Organic Apple Sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated palm shortening – melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 gelatin egg (1 tbsp grass-fed gelatin mixed in 3 tbsp warm water)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries – chopped
- 2 cups fresh strawberries – chopped
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp organic apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8th tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 6×2 inch cake pan and place upside down on a piece of parchment paper.
- Using a sharpie to trace the outside of the cake round onto the parchment paper, cut the circle with scissors, and place in the bottom of your greased cake pan.
- In a food processor, blend together apple sauce, maple syrup, and melted palm shortening.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, sift together tiger nut flour, arrowroot flour, water chestnut flour, sea salt, and baking soda.
- In a small ramekin, stir together grain free baking powder, water, and lemon juice until combined.
- Add the mixture to the food processor, and blend until combined, then add in prepared gelatin egg.
- With the food processor running, spoon in sifted dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Stir in chopped strawberry chunks and scoop batter into a parchment lined, 6×2 inch cake pan.
- Place pan in preheated oven and bake 50 minutes until golden and pulling away from the baking pan.
- To make the glaze, place chopped strawberries, water, sea salt, and vanilla in a small sauce pan.
- Heat mixture on medium low until simmering, allowing to cook down for 10-15 minutes, until reduced to 1 cup.
- Place 1/2 cup of the mixture in the food processor in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Allow the cake to cool completely (1-2 hours) until pouring the blended glaze over the top.
Avocado oil can be used in place of the melted palm shortening
Replace maple syrup with apple sauce for a completely fruit sweetened cake.
If you do not have a 6×2 cake round, simply bake it in a loaf pan or bigger cake pan, adjusting the baking time accordingly.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.