1/4 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup tigernut flour
1/3 cup arrowroot or tapioca starch (I only tested with arrowroot)
1/4 cup palm shortening, melted
3 TBSP coconut sugar
3TBSP carob powder
1 TBSP grass fed gelatin (I use Great Lakes)
3 TBSP hot water (to bloom gelatin)
1 tsp vanilla powder (or alcohol-free vanilla)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp mace
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger root (or dried ginger if you have)
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup raw honey (you can use maple syrup as well)
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- lightly grease a cookie sheet with palm shortening; set aside
- combine hot water and gelatin in a small cup and let gelatin bloom, whisking briskly to remove any clumps.
- in a large bowl, combine coconut flour, tigernut flour, arrowroot starch, coconut sugar, carob, sea salt, spices, and baking soda and stir to create a fine powder.
- in a medium bowl, combine melted palm shortening with honey or maple syrup. add the bloomed gelatin whisk for 1 minute to thoroughly mix all ingredients.
- add the wet mixture to the dry bowl and, using a rubber spatula, fold the dough into itself until completely lump-free and incorporated.
- roll into 1 inch balls and evenly space on cookie sheet
- using the bottom of a glass, gently press down on dough balls until slightly flattened (about 3/4 inch thick)
- bake for about 10-15 minutes until edges are slightly crispy
- allow to cool completely, and enjoy!
Recipe by Human Resources Wellness
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.