Pumpkin Spice & TigerNut Pancakes
Makes 6 medium sized pancakes.
1 green plantain, chopped
4 tbsp tigernut flour
4 tbsp pumpkin purée
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tbsp water
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon cardamom
1/8 teaspoon vanilla powder
pinch of mace
pinch of sea salt
- combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender or food processor, and blend until batter is a smooth consistency. transfer batter to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- bring a pan to medium heat, and brush with generous coconut oil or ghee (I prefer my cast-iron pan for the best non-stick)
- spoon about 2tbsp batter for each pancake, 3 pancakes at a time
- cook for about 3-4 minutes each side, flipping when a spatula can be easily wedged underneath pancakes without sticking
- remove from heat and finish with your favorite toppings!
- For AIP protocol, top with fresh berries, bee pollen, shredded coconut, coconut butter, a touch of honey or ghee. those without restrictions, I highly recommend sprouted almond or walnut butter! Sprouted or activated nuts are much more easily digestible than raw or roasted ones.
- An easy blueberry compote can be made by simmering fresh or frozen blueberries for 5 minutes on the stovetop- remove from heat, add 1tbsp coconut oil, and mash everything together to create a syrup. no sweetener necessary
Recipe by Human Resource Wellness
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.