Tigernut Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Makes 1 dozen)
- 3/4 cup TigerNut Flour
- 3/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup lard
- 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated palm shortening
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp grass-fed gelatin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips *AIP substitutions below
- Sift tiger nut, arrow root, baking soda, gelatin, and sea salt together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Beat together maple syrup, shortening, and vanilla on medium-low, in a stand mixer until combined.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients to the wet until a sticky cookie dough has formed.
- Fold in chocolate chips and scoop cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet, placing in the freezer to chill for 10 minutes (or) chill cookie dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place baking sheets into the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes, until the cookies are set and golden around the edges.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, allowing them to cool for 10-15 minutes, before transferring onto a wire rack for further cooling.
To make vegan, simply use all palm shortening in place of the lard.
To make AIP, simply substitute raisins, or any other dried fruit of choice, for the chocolate chips.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.