4 small organic gala apples
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp water
1 cup apple puree (see instructions below)
1 cup TigerNut flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
2 teaspoons organic baking lavender
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1/2 cup organic palm shortening
APPLE PUREE (can be made a day or more in advance)
1. Peel and cube the apples.
2. Place in sauce pot on medium and add water and apple cider vinegar. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, then turn down to simmer for another 15 minutes until completely soft.
3. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Save for scones.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add cinnamon, vanilla and salt to the apple puree and combine. Then add the melted coconut oil until incorporated.
3. Sift in coconut flour, tiger nut flour, arrowroot flour and add the lavender. Begin mixing until the dough forms, it may appear lumpy but that’s okay.
4. Now add in the palm shortening in separated bits (as if you were cutting in butter) and add the baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Begin mixing well until there are minimal white flakes and the dough begins to come together.
5. Form dough into a ball, if it feels slightly wet place it in the freezer for 3 minutes. Then remove it and roll out the dough to 1 1/2 inches thick. (use more arrowroot powder if dough tries to stick during this process). Cut into 6 scones using a biscuit cutter or shape with your hands. Alternatively you can form into a circular dome about 1 1/2 inches thick and cut into triangles.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place them on the sheet. Place them into the oven and cook for 30 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.