Carrot Cake Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (or seeds of one vanilla pod)
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup tigernut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups shredded carrots (packed tightly, liquid squeezed out)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- nonstick cooking spray or extra coconut oil, for greasing the muffin tin
- pumpkin seeds or shredded coconut for topping, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Combine the bananas, applesauce, eggs, and coconut oil in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until combined, scraping down the sides of a bowl with a spatula, if necessary.
- Whisk together the almond flour, tigernut flour, coconut flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Next, pour the liquid ingredients from the food processor bowl into the dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Add the raisins and shredded carrots and stir one more time.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or wipe lightly with coconut oil. Pour the batter evenly between the muffin wells.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds or shredded coconut on top of the muffins, if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving.
Recipe by Carrie on Living
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.