CRISPY CINNAMON THIN COOKIES
PREP TIME: 10 mins
- 1 cup TigerNut flour
- ¾ cup arrowroot flour
- 1 TSP baking soda
- ¼ TSP salt
- 1 TSP ground cinnamon
- ½ cup palm shortening
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 TBSP gelatin powder
- Warm up the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the tigernut flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small dish, melt the palm shortening (45 seconds in the microwave) and add the maple syrup. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the liquid and whisk for a few seconds, making sure there is no clump.
- Pour the liquids over the dry ingredients and mix well with a spatula until your form a homogeneous dough.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out small portions of cookie dough. First roll the dough between your hands to form a ball, then gently flatten into a cookie.
- Arrange the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet. The cookies will spread just a little while baking.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Bon appétit!
Recipe by A Squirrel in the Kitchen
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.