Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
Yields 4 - 6 servings, depending on jars
For the crumble topping
7 T tigernut flour
2 T arrowroot
Pinch Sea Salt
1 T Grade B Maple Syrup
2 T Coconut Oil, melted
For the filling
1.5 c hulled & sliced strawberries
1.5 c sliced Rhubarb
2 T Maple sugar (note: can sub more maple syrup, but filling will be more liquid-y)
2 T arrowroot
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- FOR THE TOPPING: Mix together all ingredients with a fork until well combined & crumbly. Reserve in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- FOR THE FILLING: combine the sliced strawberries & rhubarb. Drizzle the maple syrup over the fruit. Add the arrowroot starch. Mix to combine.
- ASSEMBLE: Sprinkle 1 1/2 tsp of topping into the bottom of a small ramekin or mason jar. Add a heaping 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup portion of the strawberry-rhubarb filling. Press down the fruit slightly to compress. Spoon two tablespoons of topping over the fruit.
- Place the crumbles onto a rimmed pan. Pour water into the pan, making a water bath to protect the containers during the baking process.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the topping is golden & the fruit is bubbly.
- Cool slightly before serving. Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers.
- To make the recipe coconut-free, substitute another fat of choice for the coconut oil
- If you really like crumble topping, plan to double the topping recipe--it's addictively delicious!
Recipe by Sweet Treats Baking
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.