Quick-and-Easy Bean Burgers
1 tsp. flax meal
3 tsp. water
1 (15-oz.) can organic beans (black beans, kidney beans, butter beans)
¼ cup almond meal
½ cup TigerNut flour
1 Tbsp. hemp seeds
2 tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. cumin
½ tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. fennel
¼ tsp. thyme
¼ tsp. sage
¼ tsp. sea salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil
- In small bowl, combine flax meal and water; mix well and let sit, until the mixture becomes gummy.
- Drain beans well.
- In large bowl, combine beans and remaining ingredients (except flax meal, water and coconut oil). (Note: mixture should be moist enough to hold together, but dry enough to cook well. If needed, add additional hemp seeds, almond meal or TigerNut flour).
- Divide mixture into four equal parts and shape into patties.
- In skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add patties and cook until golden-brown (about 4 minute per side).
- Serve on organic bread rolls, collard greens or in lettuce leaves for a veggie wrap.
Recipe by Liana Werner-Gray of The Earth Diet
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.