TigerNut Pancakes & Lemon Blueberry Sauce
- 3/4 cup tigernut flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or organic cane sugar)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- coconut oil for the skillet
Lemon Blueberry Sauce
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1-2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp arrowroot starch (optional to thicken)
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tigernut flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda and sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla and milk and whisk to combine until you have a smooth batter with no clumps.
- Melt a couple of teaspoons of coconut oil in the skillet. With a 1/4 cup measurer, carefully pour the batter into the skillet and smooth out the top gently. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip and let it cook for another 2 minutes. Continue with the rest of the batter.
- To make the sauce, combine the blueberries, sugar and lemon zest in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir to coat the berries with sugar and let it cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the arrowroot starch if you want a thicker sauce and stir to combine. Remove from heat and let it cool to thicken a bit more.
- To serve, stack pancakes and top with blueberry sauce and coconut chips.
Recipe by The Wheatless Kitchen
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.