(Makes 1 dozen)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tigernut flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (or) Vital Protein’s collagen powder
- 1 tbsp grass-fed gelatin
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together coconut flour, tigernut flour, shredded coconut, gelatin, sea salt, and baking soda.
- Melted the coconut oil and add to the dry mixture a long with the maple syrup, maple sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Use a spatula or fork to stir the mixture together until a wet dough has formed, then allow the dough to sit for 3-5 minutes to allow the coconut flour to soak up some of the moisture.
- Either use your hands to roll the dough int 6 like-size balls, place them on a parchment lined baking sheet, and then use a fork to press them down, making criss cross marks on the top of each cookie (or) roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness and use desired cookie cutters to create shapes.
- Place the cookies in the oven and allow them to bake 13-15 minutes if criss-cross, and 10-12 minutes if using the cookie cutter method.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool for a couple minutes before placing on a wire rack for further cooling and icing if desired.
Recipe from Beyond The Bite
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.