Recipe pre-heat oven 350 degrees:
- 1 cup TigerNut Flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup dates (soak in warm water to soften – around 5 minutes)
- 1 cup pureed sweet potato (I used canned)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee (you can omit this and use more almond milk)
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 organic egg (1 chia or flaxseed egg can work as well)
Fold in optional– 1/2-3/4 cup stevia sweetened chocolate chips.
Glaze– Melted stevia sweetened chocolate and topped with 1/4 cup slivered tiger nuts for extra crunch
- In a food processor combine flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Add sweet potato, dates, almond milk, coffee, apple sauce, almond butter and vanilla extract. Mix until everything is smooth and evenly combined.
- Lastly add in your egg–do not over mix.
- Fold in chocolate chips if adding.
- Line a 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non stick spray. Spread mixture into pan (You do not need to line the pan with parchment. I just like to avoid the brownies sticking to the pan and make them easy to pop out.)
- Cook at 350 for 35-45 minutes until edges are browning.
- Let brownies completely cool and cut into even squares around 8 large squares.
- Optional glaze with melted chocolate and sprinkle with sliced tigernuts
Recipe from Running On Veggies
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.