Currant Muffins /serves 6//gluten-free//vegan
- 1 cup tigernut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1 flax egg or egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup hemp milk
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup currants (fresh if in season, dried if not)
- Pre-heat oven to 350f degrees and add muffin liners to a muffin tin.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients: tahini, nectar, egg, coconut oil, vanilla, milk, and vinegar.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and using a hand or stand mixer, combine until the batter forms.
- Add fresh currants and with a spatula, carefully mix in.
- Scoop batter into the muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes.
Recipe from Food By Mars
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.