- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats, pulsed in blender for about 30 seconds or until they turn into powder OR 1/2 cup coconut flour for paleo version
- 1/2 cup tigernut flour
- 1 serving of plant-based protein (plain or vanilla, I recommend Sprout Living Plant-Based Superfood protein)
- 1 tbs Moringa powder (I recommend More Moringa)
- 1 tbs matcha
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 eggs (or vegan egg replacement: just combine 1 tbs. chia seeds or flaxseed meal with 2.5 tbs. water, mix and let set for 5 minutes to activate)
- 1/3 cup nut butter (I recommend almond or sunflower butter from Dastony)
- 1/2 cup nut milk or TigerNuts Horchata, Original
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds and chopped almonds for topping
- Optional: serve with almond butter drizzle and a side of cashew milk matcha latte
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9-inch loaf pan with tigernut oil (coconut oil works, too).
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Add nut butter, eggs (or egg replacement) and nut milk, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all dry ingredients: flour, protein powder, matcha, moringa, baking soda and salt. Stir that into the banana mixture.
- Pour into a greased pan and top with pumpkin seeds and chopped almonds.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry.
Recipe from Breakfast Criminals
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.