Serves 2 – 4
2 large white onions, sliced into rings
1 cup TigerNut Flour
¼ teaspoon Redmond Real Salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup TigerNut Oil
- In a small bowl, beat egg.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper.
- Drop onion rings first into the egg and coat well. Transfer to flour bowl and coat well.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, heat oil. Drop coated rings onto the pan and cook until golden brown.
- For a vegan version, substitute the egg with a flax egg. In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of water with 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal. Mix and let sit for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Serve as a snack with organic ketchup or vegan sour cream, or add them as a topping to salads, soups and sandwiches.
Recipe from Vitacost.com
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.