22 dates, pitted
2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup Tigernut sliced, toasted for 10 minutes at 350F
3 tablespoon coconut shredded
Combine all ingredients except the shredded coconut in the food processor and pulse until they are coarsely chopped.
Roll the “dough” into small balls. Re-roll these in shredded coconut.
Store in an airtight container, in the fridge.
3 organic eggs
1/2 cup honey
1 1/2 TigerNut Flour @organicgemini
1/4 arrowroot flour
1/3 coconut flour
3/4 chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup warm water
1/4 cup dry coconut flakes
Caramel Frosting Ingredients:
1 cup( 4oz) butter regular or dairy-free.
10 pitted dates ( toasted for 10 min, optional)
1/3 cup coconut flakes
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the eggs, honey, coconut oil, water and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
4. In a large bowl mix all dry ingredient except the walnuts.
5. Pour wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Finally, add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts and mix until well combined.
6. Pour batter into prepared cake pans
7. Bake 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove it from pans and let cool on a rack.
For the Frosting:
Apple Upside Down Cake
1 1/4 cup tigernuts flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
4 dates, pitted
1/4 cup walnuts
1/4 cup almonds
¾ cup coconut oil
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of clove
2green apples, cleaned and sliced
4 tbs shredded coconuts
Preheat oven at 325°F. Pour ¼ cup melted coconut oil and into an ungreased 9 inch round baking dish and swirl until the inside of the dish is evenly covered. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoon shredded coconuts. Arrange apple slices in single layer over and sprinkle the remaining shredded coconut on the apple slices.
Place all the ingredients and the remaining melted coconut oil in the food processor or high-speed blender and blend until well smooth. Spoon the batter over peaches.
Bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool before serving.